NASCAR: Which cars will have ‘Trump 2020’ on the hood?
Donald Trump’s re-election campaign will get exposure at Sunday’s Brickyard 400 race, at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
US president Donald Trump’s re-election campaign hits the road later on Sunday at the NASCAR Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Go Fas Racing confirmed last week that it has joined up with Patriots of America PAC, a political action committee supporting Trump’s re-election bid, to sponsor Corey Lajoie’s car in Sunday’s race plus an additional eight races this season.
Aim is to get public to the polls
“Our mission is to get voters registered and to the polls in November. We are excited about our sponsorship with Go Fas Racing No. 32 and Corey LaJoie. We feel this partnership is the best way to help us communicate this message to the NASCAR community and encourage all Americans to do their part by heading to the polls Our mission is to get voters registered and to the polls in November,” Jeff Whaley, a spokesman for Patriots of America PAC explained in a statement on Wednesday.
Go Fas Racing team owner Archie St. Hilaire announced the partnership, which will see Corey Lajoie racing a No.32 Ford Mustang emblazoned with the ‘Trump 2020’ slogan on the hood and chasis. The red, white and blue paint scheme will remain on Lajoie’s car for the remainder of the sponsorship arrangement during the NASCAR Cup Series.
"I am honoured to be part of the President's re-election campaign through the Patriots of America PAC," St. Hilaire said in the statement. "As a Trump 2020 supporter, this team will do everything possible to secure victory on and off the track electing President Donald Trump to a second term. Let us bring this country back and Keep America Great!"
Sunday’s Cup race will be broadcast live on NBC at 16:00 hours local time (ET – 22:00 hours CEST).
Te recomendamos en English
- US EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $400 employment benefit: how long will it last?
- Coronavirus Putin says Russia has created first Covid-19 vaccine
- US UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT $400 unemployment benefits: can I work and get the extra money?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: Mnuchin says an agreement could happen this week
- USA protests Police shooting leads to looting, arrests in Chicago’s busiest shopping district
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Beirut explosion: protests, riots and latest news live from Lebanon today