Piqué wants Barcelona to 'fight to the end' in LaLiga
Trailing rivals Real Madrid by four points at the top of the table in LaLiga, defender Gerard Piqué wants Barça to keep pushing.
Barcelona defender Gerard Piqué urged his team to continue fighting in LaLiga despite trailing leaders and rivals Real Madrid.
Having won back-to-back league titles, Barça are four points adrift of Madrid after a 4-1 thrashing of Villarreal on Sunday.
Piqué demands Barça keep fighting
Piqué called for his side to keep pushing ahead of hosting Espanyol in a derby clash on Wednesday.
"We don't like to be behind in the standings, but we will fight to turn the situation around, knowing how complicated it is," the Barca defender told Movistar.
"We will fight to the end."
After a Pau Torres own goal and Luis Suarez strike, Antoine Griezmann scored his first goal since February, and Ansu Fati sealed Barca's win late on.
Pique hopes Griezmann, who has netted 15 times this season, gains confidence from his goal.
"Playing in this way makes the three of them [Lionel Messi, Suarez and Griezmann] closer to the goal," he said.
"We feel more protected. In addition, Antoine's goal is very important so that he is confident."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest