Piqué wants Barcelona to 'fight to the end' in LaLiga
Trailing rivals Real Madrid by four points at the top of the table in LaLiga, defender Gerard Piqué wants Barça to keep pushing.
Barcelona defender Gerard Piqué urged his team to continue fighting in LaLiga despite trailing leaders and rivals Real Madrid.
Having won back-to-back league titles, Barça are four points adrift of Madrid after a 4-1 thrashing of Villarreal on Sunday.
Piqué demands Barça keep fighting
Piqué called for his side to keep pushing ahead of hosting Espanyol in a derby clash on Wednesday.
"We don't like to be behind in the standings, but we will fight to turn the situation around, knowing how complicated it is," the Barca defender told Movistar.
"We will fight to the end."
After a Pau Torres own goal and Luis Suarez strike, Antoine Griezmann scored his first goal since February, and Ansu Fati sealed Barca's win late on.
Pique hopes Griezmann, who has netted 15 times this season, gains confidence from his goal.
"Playing in this way makes the three of them [Lionel Messi, Suarez and Griezmann] closer to the goal," he said.
"We feel more protected. In addition, Antoine's goal is very important so that he is confident."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Has Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...