Ghana's president goes into a two-weeks self-isolation
Ghanaian president Akufo-Addo has begun a period of self-isolation after someone of his inner circle tested positive for Covid-19.
Ghana's President Nana Akufo-Addo starts two weeks of self-isolation as per the advice of his doctors as he has been in contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid-19 lately.
A spokesperson released a statement confirming that president Akufo-Addo is going into self-isolation for two weeks as advised by his doctors, following someone he was in close contact with contracted Covid-19, adding that Addo has tested negative for the virus lately but he chose to isolate himself out of caution.
“He has, as at today, tested negative, but has elected to take this measure out of the abundance of caution.” The statement said. The spokesperson also confirmed that president Addo will continue doing his work in compliance with Covid-19 safety protocols.
However, the statement didn't reveal whether the close person who got infected is a family member, a friend, or one of the officials.
Ghanaian officials infected with coronavirus
In light of government officials contracting the virus, ex-deputy trade and industry minister Carlos Kingsley Ahenkorah had tested positive for Covid-19 earlier and found himself forced to resign his post after being exposed to a great deal of criticism. He had not abided by the self-isolation protocols, and President Addo and his government didn't think twice about accepting his resignation.
Ghana has exceeded 19,000 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus including 117 deaths.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?