Real Madrid: Hazard feeling renewed pain in problem ankle
Eden Hazard hasn't played for Real Madrid since June's LaLiga victory at Espanyol, and was unable to complete group training on Wednesday.
Alarm bells are ringing once more over the fitness of Eden Hazard, amid fears that the Belgian international may have suffered fresh damage to his troublesome right ankle in Real Madrid’s LaLiga win at Espanyol late last month.
No Hazard in either of Real Madrid's last two matches
Since being substituted after an hour at the RCDE Stadium, Hazard has missed Madrid’s subsequent league victories over Getafe and Athletic Bilbao, and was only able to complete part of Los Blancos’ group training session on Wednesday.
The former Chelsea forward has had two lengthy lay-offs this season due to ankle breaks in his right leg, with injuries causing him to miss a total of 24 games in all competitions in his maiden campaign in Spain.
Hazard insists ankle discomfort not psychological
Cadena SER reports that Hazard is suffering from renewed pain in his ankle, and despite Madrid carrying out tests that have so far failed to reveal any injury relapse, he is insistent that the problem is not just psychological.
Sources consulted by AS, however, say Hazard has not yet undergone any tests and is currently focusing on exercises specifically designed for his ankle, with the club’s medical services working to restore full elasticity to the area.
🔴 Después de algunas pruebas, el belga no tiene buenas sensacioneshttps://t.co/C5uP39va4G— Carrusel Deportivo (@carrusel) July 8, 2020
Hazard involvement against Alavés up in the air
It remains unclear whether Hazard will be able to take part in the LaLiga leaders' clash at home to Alavés on Friday evening (22:00 CEST).
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests