Ligue 1: PSG to start French title defence at home to Metz
The 2020-21 Ligue 1 season will begin on August 22, with Paris Saint-Germain starting their quest for another title at home to Metz.
Paris Saint-Germain will begin the defence of their Ligue 1 title at home to Metz after the French Professional Football League (LFP) announced the schedule for the 2020/21 top flight.
The first round of Ligue 1 matches will take place on the weekend of 22-23 August, with the season set to conclude on 23 May next year.
PSG awarded 2019/20 title after Ligue 1 season abandoned
PSG were awarded their seventh domestic title in eight seasons after the 2019/20 campaign was abandoned and decided on a point-per-game basis due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The abandonment move has since been questioned amid other elite divisions in Europe successfully resuming their seasons behind closed doors.
An LFP vote sealed Amiens and Toulouse's relegation, with Lorient and Lens promoted from Ligue 2 in their place.
Lorient host Strasbourg on the opening weekend, while Lens are on the road at Nice.
The first Classique of the season comes in the third round of fixtures, with PSG welcoming Marseille to the Parc des Princes in mid-September. The return is billed for 7 February.
Marseille start at home to Saint-Étienne, with Bordeaux and Lille hosting Nantes and Rennes respectively.
Lyon begin on the road at Montpellier, with the first of their always feisty clashes against Marseille coming at Groupama Stadium on 4 October. The rivalry is then scheduled to resume at the Stade Velodrome on 28 February.
2020/21 Ligue 1: opening weekend fixtures in full:
Lorient vs Strasbourg
Nimes vs Brest
Dijon vs Angers
Bordeaux vs Nantes
Monaco vs Reims
Montpellier vs Lyon
Nice vs Lens
Lille vs Rennes
Marseille vs Saint-Étienne
PSG vs Metz
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem