De Gea surpasses Schmeichel to break Man Utd record
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea made a landmark 399th appearance for the club against Aston Villa on Thursday.
David de Gea moved past Peter Schmeichel on Thursday to become the overseas player with the most Manchester United appearances.
The Spanish goalkeeper played for United for the 399th time when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side travelled to Aston Villa in the Premier League.
It saw De Gea, who joined United from Atlético Madrid in 2011, move beyond another keeper in Schmeichel in the club's all-time list.
De Gea, 29, remains a long way behind Ryan Giggs, the man with the most United appearances regardless of nationality.
The Welshman spent his entire career at Old Trafford and played for them on 963 occasions.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Real Madrid, Barça and Juventus issue joint statement denouncing 'threats'
- REAL MADRID Ramos out of crucial Real Madrid match against Sevilla
- LALIGA When was Barcelona's last defeat to Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou?
- Premier League Leeds United vs Tottenham: Premier League live
- BARCELONA Barcelona attempt to sign De Ligt for a second time
- 2022 World Cup Five key sustainability features connected with Qatar 2022