Coronavirus: Patna lockdown in India - guidelines and dates
The district's magistrate announced that Bihar's capital Patna will be under lockdown from 10 to 16 July, amid a surging coronavirus case count.
Amidst the uncontrollable surge in Covid-19 numerous Indian states are suffering from, the Patna district administration decided that Bihar's capital is going to go into complete lockdown from 10 to 16 July in an attempt to curb the alarming rapid increase in Covid-19 cases.
Indian authorities have recently eased many restrictions in most states, which resulted in a massive spike in confirmed coronavirus cases, and that's why many of these states decided to bring back some restrictive measures including the "triple lockdown" that is imposed currently in several states.
Coronavirus in Patna
The district magistrate's move of imposing lockdown for a week in Patna came as a response to the record-high single-day spike in Covid-19 cases Bihar witnessed on Wednesday, as the state recorded 749 new confirmed cases, taking the tally up to 13,274 cases.
All 38 districts of Bihar have been hit by the novel coronavirus, with the capital city Patna on top of the list of confirmed cases (1,114), followed by Bhagalpur (643), Madhubani (536), Begusarai (528), Muzaffarpur (511), Siwan (509) and Munger (449).
Restrictions and guidelines
As per the lockdown, all public and private facilities will remain shut. Only essential services such as grocery and dairy will be open from 6am to 10am and from 4pm to 7pm, so that people can fulfill their necessary needs. Places of worship will remain closed as well.
The state's government found no resort but to impose complete lockdown in the hope of getting the situation under control as it's the first time the state has witnessed the number of new Covid-19 cases exceeding 700 cases in one day.
India has become the third-most affected nation by the pandemic, following USA and Brazil.
Te recomendamos en English
- Moving the goalposts! Mourinho reveals woodwork mishap
- CORONAVIRUS $300 unemployment benefits: which states are still paying it?
- US NEWS Breonna Taylor case: who are Brett Hankison, Jonathan Mattingly and Myles Cosgrove?
- Black Lives Matter protests Breonna Taylor case: what is ‘wanton endangerment’ in the first degree?
- Billboard Music Awards Billboard Music Awards 2020: list of all nominations - Post Malone, the most nominated
- Liverpool Liverpool were 'easy on the eye' against Lincoln City - Klopp