New WAEC 2020 timetable in August: when does it start?
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) released the timetable and dates for the 2020 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has announced that West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) is set to commence on Monday 20 July with project work for Visual Arts candidates, while theoretical papers are set to start on 3 August 2020 and last till 5 September with Principles of Cost Accounting and Technical Drawing.
The candidates get to choose from 60 subjects, with four of them core and 56 elective. The subjects are mainly based on the seven programs taught at senior high schools which are General Arts, General Science, Business, Agricultural Science, Visual Arts, Home Economics, and Technical Skills.
Announcing the timetable came at a time when West African nations are considering re-opening school and whether it's the right decision to be made or not.
Nigerian minister promised school re-opening for revision
For example, in a previous briefing for a presidential task force on Covid-19, Nigerian minister of education Emeka Nwajiuba confirmed that school facilities would be made available for revision classes ahead of the examination.
Nwajiuba also noted that those nations willing to take part in WAEC exams should re-open schools for students to revise before the exam, and students themselves should work hard and start preparing for their exam, claiming that there is still a month remaining before the exams get underway.
The Nigerian minister commented: “We’ve done the most we can to talk with our representatives at WAEC and this [Monday] afternoon, we confirmed dates allotted for the exams will be from 4 August through to 5 September. “Local timings will be published," he added. "We will be asking that those who are not prepared yet should please go and prepare."
Te recomendamos en English
- US EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $400 employment benefit: how long will it last?
- Coronavirus Putin says Russia has created first Covid-19 vaccine
- US UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT $400 unemployment benefits: can I work and get the extra money?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: Mnuchin says an agreement could happen this week
- USA protests Police shooting leads to looting, arrests in Chicago’s busiest shopping district
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Beirut explosion: protests, riots and latest news live from Lebanon today