Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson out for the rest of the season
Henderson, who limped out of Wednesday's win at Brighton and Hove Albion, will play no further part in the Premier League champions four remaining games.
Jürgen Klopp confirmed this afternoon that Jordan Henderson is out for the remainder of the season after picking up a knee injury. The Liverpool captain limped out of a 3-1 victory at Brighton and Hove Albion on Wednesday after damaging his left knee in a challenge with Yves Bissouma.
Liverpool eyeing points record
At a Friday news conference, Klopp revealed Henderson will play no further part in the champions' bid to break Manchester City's record Premier League points tally of 100. The former Sunderland man will not require surgery, however and his manager is optimistic he will be fit for the start of the 2020-21 season.
Klopp explained: "Best possible news. It's a knee injury, but no surgery is required. He will not play this season, but I'm positive he will start the new season. He's a quick healer."
The manager also revealed Dejan Lovren is available for Saturday's clash with Burnley at Anfield, where Liverpool can move on to 95 points with a victory. The Croatia centre-back has been sidelined with a knock but could feature against the mid-table Clarets.
Liverpool's four remaining games
Liverpool face Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle United in their final three games after coming up against Sean Dyche's in-form side, who have won three and drawn one of their previous four.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category