Manchester City respond to AS Roncero's Real Madrid dream
Our Spanish journalist Tomás Roncero is accustomed to getting under the skin of opposition fans, but may not have expected getting an official reply from UCL rivals.
The rather outspoken and well-known AS journalist, Tomás Roncero, is a regular contributor on Twitter. As Real Madrid’s self-confessed number one fan, and with his white heart never off his sleeve, his comments don’t always go down too well with opposition supporters who often respond with contrary views, occasionally politely.
Well, following Friday’s Champions League draw, Manchester City’s official account replied to him directly, and, at first glance, in agreement with his wishes.
Man City’s amusing response to Roncero
The tweet in question from our esteemed colleague was him looking forward to his beloved Real Madrid overcoming their English rivals to take their place in the Champions League quarter-final against Juventus. Of course it is only half-time in the Madrid-City clash and with the return leg to be played on 7 August in Manchester, and a 1-2 deficit to overturn, it’s a brave call from the Spanish journalist. (Clearly Juve have some work to do too if a Cristiano Ronaldo reunion is made possible).
“I’m already dreaming of a Madrid-Juventus quarter-final. It would be awesome” was the original post, to which City’s Spanish account replied simply with an emoticon of crossed fingers.
Now, we’re assuming that this was a cheeky bit of sarcasm from the English side’s community manager, but, we suppose, there is always a chance that the person in charge is a huge fan of Los Blancos, and shares the dreams of our Tomás.
The exchange is unlikely to be the last between followers of both clubs ahead of the big tie, although Madrid fans will be hoping that their side will be able to call themselves domestic champions 2019/20 by that point. Something that is long gone for Pep Guardiola and his men.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea and Manchester City ask UEFA to move Champions League final to Wembley
- ROMA VS MAN UTD Roma vs Manchester United live online: Europa League semi-final second leg
- MAYWEATHER VS LOGAN PAUL What are the covid-19 restrictions for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight?
- CORONAVIRUS US What percentage of vaccination is needed for herd immunity?
- WORLD NEWS Chinese rocket launch failure: what happened and what are the consequences?