Manchester City respond to AS Roncero's Real Madrid dream
Our Spanish journalist Tomás Roncero is accustomed to getting under the skin of opposition fans, but may not have expected getting an official reply from UCL rivals.
The rather outspoken and well-known AS journalist, Tomás Roncero, is a regular contributor on Twitter. As Real Madrid’s self-confessed number one fan, and with his white heart never off his sleeve, his comments don’t always go down too well with opposition supporters who often respond with contrary views, occasionally politely.
Well, following Friday’s Champions League draw, Manchester City’s official account replied to him directly, and, at first glance, in agreement with his wishes.
Man City’s amusing response to Roncero
The tweet in question from our esteemed colleague was him looking forward to his beloved Real Madrid overcoming their English rivals to take their place in the Champions League quarter-final against Juventus. Of course it is only half-time in the Madrid-City clash and with the return leg to be played on 7 August in Manchester, and a 1-2 deficit to overturn, it’s a brave call from the Spanish journalist. (Clearly Juve have some work to do too if a Cristiano Ronaldo reunion is made possible).
“I’m already dreaming of a Madrid-Juventus quarter-final. It would be awesome” was the original post, to which City’s Spanish account replied simply with an emoticon of crossed fingers.
Now, we’re assuming that this was a cheeky bit of sarcasm from the English side’s community manager, but, we suppose, there is always a chance that the person in charge is a huge fan of Los Blancos, and shares the dreams of our Tomás.
The exchange is unlikely to be the last between followers of both clubs ahead of the big tie, although Madrid fans will be hoping that their side will be able to call themselves domestic champions 2019/20 by that point. Something that is long gone for Pep Guardiola and his men.
Te recomendamos en English
- US EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $400 employment benefit: how long will it last?
- Coronavirus Putin says Russia has created first Covid-19 vaccine
- US UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT $400 unemployment benefits: can I work and get the extra money?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: Mnuchin says an agreement could happen this week
- USA protests Police shooting leads to looting, arrests in Chicago’s busiest shopping district
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Beirut explosion: protests, riots and latest news live from Lebanon today