Barcelona: Antoine Griezmann sidelined with thigh injury
Antoine Griezmann is a doubt for Thursday's LaLiga clash between Barça and Osasuna after it was announced that he has suffered a muscle injury.
Barcelona have confirmed that forward Antoine Griezmann has suffered a thigh muscle injury.
Barcelona forward limped out of Valladolid win at half-time
The France international was replaced by Luis Suárez at half-time of Saturday's 1-0 LaLiga victory away to Real Valladolid.
Medical tests on Sunday showed Griezmann has damaged the quadriceps in his right leg and is facing a spell out of action.
Griezmann set to miss Osasuna LaLiga clash on Thursday
The 2018 World Cup winner, a 120-million-euro signing from Atlético Madrid last year, is likely to miss Thursday's league match against Osasuna at Camp Nou.
❗[LATEST NEWS] Tests this morning have shown that Antoine Griezmann has a quadriceps muscle injury in his right leg. He is not available for selection and the evolution of the injury will condition his availability.https://t.co/G7caKZS9Io pic.twitter.com/7jxrypVRsj— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) July 12, 2020
Griezmann has scored just nine goals in 35 league appearances during a difficult first season with Barça.
He was dropped from the starting line-up by coach Quique Setién for the 2-2 draws with Celta Vigo and Atleti last month but made a goalscoring return in the 4-1 win over Villarreal on 5 July.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby