Barcelona to re-assess transfer plans after halting Lautaro talks
FC Barcelona club president Josep Maria Bartomeu provided an update on Lautaro Martínez and Barcelona's transfer plans.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu said the LaLiga giants have held talks with Inter over Lautaro MartÉnez but a move for the star forward is on hold.
Martínez – who arrived in Milan from Racing Club in 2018 – has been tipped to swap Serie A side Inter for Barça at the end of the 2019-20 coronavirus-hit season.
The Argentina forward had scored 16 goals prior to the campaign being halted in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic but he has only netted once in seven games since the restart amid the speculation.
Bartomeu provided an update on Martínez and Barça's transfer plans, with the club set to be dethroned by bitter rivals Real Madrid in LaLiga.
"The coming market will be very different. The big clubs will be limited by economic problems, but Barça are always a market-mover," Bartomeu told TV3.
"In Lautaro's case the negotiation is halted right now. We spoke to Inter a few weeks ago. We are in an assessment phase.
"We have spoken with Inter about Lautaro, but not recently. We will wait to finish the season and re-assess everything."
Barcelona are second in LaLiga after 36 matches, a point behind Madrid – who can restore their four-point advantage with victory over Getafe on Monday.
Quique Setién's Barça are back in action for their penultimate league clash against Osasuna on Thursday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Diego Maradona dies: The greatest of all just left us – former Argentina team-mate Russo
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Diego Maradona: Napoli could rename stadium after legend
- Diego Maradona dies: Guardiola pays tribute to 'man of joy' as Klopp hails Argentina great
- INTER 0-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter: Hazard, Lucas, Rodrygo...
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- US News California unemployment benefits fraud: who stole from the state?