Chelsea ready to make Jan Oblak record 100 million euro signing
Diario AS can confirm Chelsea's interest in Atlético Madrid's goalkeeper, who they have as a priority signing this summer. Some suggest Kepa could enter in the operation.
Summer's here and once again, speculation about Jan Oblak's future has started. It's the price to pay for being one of the best goalkeepers in the world - if not, the best. Diario AS understands that Chelsea have the Atlético Madrid goalkeeper down as a priority signing and will be going all out to bring him to Stamford Bridge.
The Premier League club is willing to shell out 100 million euros for Oblak, which would make him the most expensive goalkeeper in history, beating the 80 million they paid for Kepa Arrizabalaga in 2018.
Lampard prepared to spend big for Oblak
According to some media reports in England, Kepa could be included as a makeweight in the operation. Not that Chelsea are unhappy with the Spanish goalkeeper but Frank Lampard is determined to sign Oblak - so much so that he would be open to letting Kepa leave to get him.
However, Atlético would not be willing to sell Oblak under any circumstances. The club understands that if they are to have a chance of winning domestic silverware, and be a force in Europe, they need to hold onto their best players. There is no way they would allow Oblak to move elsewhere.
Oblak renewed his contract with Atlético in April 2019, committing until June 2023. His buy-out clause was raised from 100 million to 120 million euros - an exorbitant amount, but close to what Chelsea would be happy to pay...
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...
- BARCELONA Two USMNT players make history with Barcelona in Champions League
- BARCELONA Jordi Alba predicts USMNT's Dest to become Barcelona star
- BARCELONA Koeman says nothing behind 'happy' Griezmann not starting in against Kiev
- Champions League Real Madrid's San Siro woe, Lewandowski targets Raul
- FIFA Best Awards Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappé among FIFA 2020 Best candidates
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Inter Milan vs Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020: when does it start and finish?