Chelsea ready to make Jan Oblak record 100 million euro signing
Diario AS can confirm Chelsea's interest in Atlético Madrid's goalkeeper, who they have as a priority signing this summer. Some suggest Kepa could enter in the operation.
Summer's here and once again, speculation about Jan Oblak's future has started. It's the price to pay for being one of the best goalkeepers in the world - if not, the best. Diario AS understands that Chelsea have the Atlético Madrid goalkeeper down as a priority signing and will be going all out to bring him to Stamford Bridge.
The Premier League club is willing to shell out 100 million euros for Oblak, which would make him the most expensive goalkeeper in history, beating the 80 million they paid for Kepa Arrizabalaga in 2018.
Lampard prepared to spend big for Oblak
According to some media reports in England, Kepa could be included as a makeweight in the operation. Not that Chelsea are unhappy with the Spanish goalkeeper but Frank Lampard is determined to sign Oblak - so much so that he would be open to letting Kepa leave to get him.
However, Atlético would not be willing to sell Oblak under any circumstances. The club understands that if they are to have a chance of winning domestic silverware, and be a force in Europe, they need to hold onto their best players. There is no way they would allow Oblak to move elsewhere.
Oblak renewed his contract with Atlético in April 2019, committing until June 2023. His buy-out clause was raised from 100 million to 120 million euros - an exorbitant amount, but close to what Chelsea would be happy to pay...
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How do NFL players get paid? per game or per week?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax deadline, stimulus calculator | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?
- Entertainment CoD Black Ops & Warzone Season 2 new content: map, weapon, outbreak
- LOTTERY How much do you get if you have 1, 2 or 3 Powerball numbers?