LaLiga trophy in Valdebebas should Real Madrid seal the title
Luis Rubiales will not be at Valdebebas given the electoral impasse the Spanish football federation finds itself in but the trophy will be there for Ramos to lift if they win.
The president of the Spanish football federation, Luis Rubiales, will not be present on Thursday to hand the LaLiga trophy to Sergio Ramos should Real Madrid beat Villarreal. The 'electoral impasse' the RFEF finds itself in means Rubiales will have to delegate that task to either Andreu Camps, the general secretary, or Antonio Gómez Reino, the director for institutional relations, or one of the other vice-presidents.
It was Rubiales who changed the protocol introduced by his predecessor, Ángel Villar, who delivered the trophy to the team on the first day of the following season. Rubiales adopted the English and German model with the trophy being delivered to the team on the same day they win it.
That's what they did in 2018 and 2019. The president of the federation handed it to Iniesta in June 2018 just days after he won the elections. He repeated the same gesture on 25 April 2019 when he handed the trophy to Messi at the end of the Levante game. Rubiales did the same for the women's football champions when he gave the trophy to Atlético in his first year. He couldn't do it this year, however, after the league was suspended due to coronavirus.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Elections 2020 Early voting locations near me in Florida: how to find where to vote
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US Elections 2020 USA Election 2020: who is Lara Trump?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in US: how to claim and check weekly payments
- US ELECTION 2020 The Blind Pig: this is the new Biden campaign ad aiming at NFL fans
- Coronavirus Pennsylvania unemployment biweekly benefits: eligibility and filing claim