Liverpool's Kop will welcome Premier League trophy
The Kop will not welcome supporters for Liverpool's final home match of the season, but the players will take to the iconic stand.
Liverpool will finally lift the Premier League trophy in a presentation on the famous Anfield Kop following their final home match against Chelsea.
Kop to welcome Premier League trophy
The Reds had waited 30 years for a top-flight title but claimed the championship for the first time in the Premier League era in a dominant 2019-20 campaign.
However, due to measures put in place amid the coronavirus pandemic, Anfield will stand empty again for the Chelsea game, Liverpool's latest behind-closed-doors fixture next Wednesday.
Nonetheless, Jürgen Klopp's side will still find a way to incorporate the Kop into their celebrations.
Rather than greeting a wall of supporters, Liverpool will take their place in the stand following the match for captain Jordan Henderson to receive their silverware – a ceremony usually carried out on the pitch.
Kenny Dalglish – the club's last title-winning manager – will join Premier League chief executive Richard Masters in giving out the medals.
Liverpool have earned 93 points from 36 matches this season and will go to Newcastle for the final game following Chelsea.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in New York (NY): how to claim my extra 300$
- Amazon Prime Day Amazon Prime Day: Latest News and when will it be?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: what’s happening with the $1,200 plan being pushed by Democrats?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- Supreme Court Who are the possible nominees Trump could name to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg?