England announce Wales Wembley friendly in October
The bragging rights went to England last time they met Wales at Euro 2016 and the rival nations will square off again in October.
England have announced a friendly against Wales at Wembley on October 8, with Gareth Southgate's side taking on their cross-border rivals behind closed doors, due to the coronavirus pandemic, in their first home game of 2020.
England won their last match against Wales
The last meeting between the two countries was in a group match at Euro 2016, when England secured a 2-1 victory courtesy of Daniel Sturridge's last-gasp goal.
After taking on Ryan Giggs' side, World Cup semi-finalists England face a Nations League double-header with home matches against Belgium and Denmark on October 11 and 14 respectively.
England will use the Wales fixture to stage a tribute to former internationals who have died in the past 12 months, including 1966 World Cup winners Jack Charlton, Martin Peters, Norman Hunter and Peter Bonetti.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener