Ramos: "I'm ecstatic, I'll stay here for as long as the president wants"
The Real Madrid captain spoke after lifting the league title and praised Zidane: "He's an incredible coach and I hope he stays with us for a long time".
Sergio Ramos spoke to Movistar+ shortly after lifting the 2019/20 LaLiga title.
League champions: "All the hard work over the season has come off. It really has been an incredible run to win the past ten games".
Restart and end of the season: "It's been an odd season and we knew when we started again in June that we had to win all remaining games. We knew that there was very little margin for error. This is my fifth league title with the club and Real Madrid's 34th overall and I'm so ecstatic".
Zidane: "Key to all this, he's the captain of the ship and the one who needs to make the decisions. He's shown confidence in his players and this is a rarity in the game at this level. We feel supported by him and believe in his vision. I hope he's with us for a long time to come and I hope people appreciate his work too as he's unique".
This is La Liga of..: "It's a LaLiga title based on graft, effort and consistency, I hope we have many like this ahead of us".
How long do you see yourself with Real Madrid?: "For as long as the president wants. I'm delighted to be here and want to hand up my boots at the club. I don't believe there will be issues from either side to make that happen".
Emotion: "I'm so, so happy and can't wait to tell my children about these successes. It's a great day".
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA M. 2 - REAL MADRID 2 Real Madrid: Benzema hits out at Vinícius, according to Téléfoot
- Barcelona aiming to end Juventus hoodoo, Mbappe eyes more away-day joy – Champions League in Opta numbers
- European Super League European Super League: a "hostile takeover" of Champions League
- FOOTBALL Manchester United to move for Leipzig's Upamecano - rumour has it
- MLB Dodgers beat Rays to end 32-year World Series drought
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?