Setien unsure if he will still be Barcelona coach next month
Barcelona coach Quique Setien admitted to uncertainty over his future at the helm.
Quique Setien admitted he was unsure if he would still be in charge of Barcelona for the Champions League next month.
Barcelona slumped to a 2-1 loss to Osasuna on Thursday as Real Madrid clinched their 34th league title.
Lionel Messi said Barça needed to be self-critical and they are due to face Napoli in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie, having drawn 1-1 in Italy.
Asked if he would be in the dugout for the delayed return fixture with Gennaro Gattuso's men, Setien replied: "I hope so, but I don't know. I agree with Messi on some things, with self-criticism."
While Setien still believes in Barça's chances in the Champions League, he said his future was out of his hands.
"I am the person who makes decisions on what happens on the pitch and am convinced that we are going to be a different team, with a different mental attitude and that we will face the Champions League with the intensity the competition requires.
"Until then I can control things, the rest I can't control it. I've already lived through these situations."
Since the LaLiga season resumed last month, Barcelona have won just six of 10 games, while Madrid have won all 10 of their matches.
Setien believes Barca have lacked the luck of their rivals, saying: "They have won 10 out of 10 and we have dropped points.
"Many of those games in which we dropped points, we deserved to win.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: Tottenham still "trying" to sign players
- REAL MADRID Zidane on Bale, Hazard, Odegaard, Betis, new signings...
- LIVERPOOL Klopp happy to support EFL clubs: “People in a better position should help others”