Lampard doesn't rule out Oblak and Havertz spending spree
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has already been given significant backing in the transfer market and suggested there will be further additions.
Frank Lampard has not ruled out a spending spree amid reports linking Kai Havertz and Jan Oblak with Chelsea.
Lampard has already sealed the big-money signings of Ajax winger Hakim Ziyech and RB Leipzig forward Timo Werner.
The Blues are said to be leading the chase for forward Havertz, who Bayer Leverkusen reportedly value in the region of €100million (£90m), and Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Oblak is also thought to be a target.
Lampard was unable to do any business before the start of this season due to a transfer embargo, which was lifted in December.
The former England midfielder did not reveal whether Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is ready to spend big yet again, stating he is focused on the challenge of securing a top-four finish in the Premier League and winning the FA Cup.
"We'll see. I can't answer that one, we're not there yet," Lampard said on Friday when asked about potential recruits in the transfer window.
"We have to focus on what's in front of us and we'll see. I wouldn't want to compare it to any other spending summer, we'll see how I feel and we feel as a club and if the squad needs strengthening or the balance needs changing.
"If it does and we make moves, great. At the moment we don't know."
Ziyech has spent his first week of training with the London club and Lampard says he quickly fitted in.
The Blues boss said: "Hakim has been here for the week, trained a couple of days on his own and then he's integrated a bit with the team so he's settling in well. The lads have welcomed him and he's forming those new relationships in the early stages.
"More importantly for him, he's been getting himself fit. It's been nice for him to take a bit-part in training and then also get some physical work because he hasn't trained or played for a quite a while."
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?