Second stimulus check: dates to have in mind before it arrives
Millions of Americans are still unemployed and they are waiting for Congress to approve the second stimulus check amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Congress will return on 20 July after the Independence Day holiday and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has been very open about a second stimulus relief package being approved by the end of this month. According to McConnell, negotiations between all parties have been going on and a new bill is soon to be approved.
Mitchell said that Republicans, Democrats and the White House have come together to draft a new bill to help Americans struggling during the coronavirus pandemic but the new stimulus relief package might be not be as generous as the CARES Act.
At first Republicans did not want to give a second check because they wanted to send people back to work and give them an incentive to do so. The United States has seen a spike in coronavirus cases since reopening the economy, a total of 3.5 million people in total have not tested positive, and they now feel a second round of payments in necessary.
- Second Stimulus Check: will there be another payment in August?
- Stimulus check: who'll qualify for second Economic Impact Payment?
- Who may not be eligible for a second stimulus check?
- How much do I have to earn per year to be eligible for aid?
- Stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say about second payment?
Dates to have in account
Negotiations between parties have been going on to draft the fourth and final stimulus relief package. Republicans, Democrats and the White House will resume work next week but that doesn’t mean that they will come to an agreement by the end of the month. Here are some key dates to keep in mind when the Senate reconvenes.
20 July: The Senate returns after the Independence Day recess. The Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin revealed that as soon as they return they will start negotiations for the next economic relief package amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
31 July: Nancy Pelosi, the leader of the House of Representatives sets this date as the limit to reach an agreement with Congress about the second economic aid that Americans will receive.
7 August: This is the last day before the Senate takes the August recess, so if they don't reach an agreement for that second stimulus check, the wait would have to be delayed until September. It is expected that for these days there will already be a more defined proposal.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early