Real Madrid: Zidane speaks ahead of LaLiga conclusion
Los Blancos manager Zinedine Zidane held his final league press conference before the Leganés match, where he was asked about his future.
Zinedine Zidane appeared at his final pre-match press conference of this season’s LaLiga with the celebrations of a title already secured still in the air. Real Madrid face Leganés in Butarque on Sunday and so a relaxed selection of questions were laid out for the Frenchman.
Leganés vs Real Madrid: Zidane's pre-match press conference
Zidane on the final games being approached differently
"It shouldn't be like that. There is one game left and you have to respect everyone. We are going to play to try to do well."
Zidane on plans for next season
”There are many things still to be done [this season]. There is tomorrow's game and that of the Champions League... We are not going to talk about next year without finishing this one. Then we will see.”
Zidane on one title every 19 games
"I feel lucky to be at this club and to have these players. This will end one day and we should enjoy it for the moment.”
Zidane on Benzema for the pichichi
"I would like it for Karim. He is a player who deserves to be one [a pichichi].” (Lionel Messi goes into the final day two goals ahead of Benzema)
Zidane on the merit of this interrupted league
"We must not undervalue this league title. It has been very complicated, but we have fought to the end."
Zidane on his future
"No one knows what is going to happen. I have a contract, I am comfortable here. I am relaxed with what I am doing. I don’t know what will happen in the future."
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi: Barcelona boss Koeman defends captain after red card
- BUNDESLIGA Jovic: I couldn't have imagined better Eintracht Frankfurt comeback
- Juventus 'couldn't have had a worse match' but Pirlo maintains lofty ambitions
- SERIE A Juventus ambitions intact despite Inter defeat, says Pirlo
- US News Who’s who in Biden’s science team and what does “elevated to cabinet” mean?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS When will Joe Biden's American Rescue Plan be approved?