Gareth Bale excluded from squad list for Real Madrid's last game of the season
The Welsh forward, James, Hazard and Marcelo - who is only just back from injury, have been omitted from Zidane's list for Sunday's meeting with Leganés.
Gareth Bale has been left out of Zidane's squad list for the final game of the 2019/20 season against Leganés. It's another slight for the Welsh star, who was included in the list for all of Real Madrid's last six games but didn't play a single minute with the team. With Madrid clinching their 34th league title on Thursday, some might have thought Bale would be given a run-out tomorrow night but he won't travel with the squad - nor will James, Hazard (who trained inside the gym today) and Marcelo. The Brazilian left-back is only just back from injury and this morning's workout was his first with the squad since being given the all-clear.
Zidane named a 22-man squad - including all of his available first choice stars (he is permitted to call up a maximum of 23 players). Altube, the third goalkeeper makes the list, as does Courtois who trained inside the gym today with Hazard.
Real Madrid squad for last game of the season against Leganés
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militao, Ramos, Varane, Nacho and Mendy.
Midfelders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde and Isco.
Forwards: Benzema, Lucas Vázquez, Jovia, Asensio, Brahim, Mariano, Vinicius and Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category