Robert Moreno's brief time on the AS Monaco bench set to end
According to L'Equipe, the Spanish coach took control of the side for the last time on Friday for the pre-season friendly against Cercle Bruges.
It appears that Robert Moreno may have taken charge of AS Monaco for the last time on Friday as the French side faced Cercle Bruges in a pre-season friendly game.
French sports outlet L'Equipe report that the Spaniard has been relieved of his role on the bench for failing to deliver the desired results with the news surprising many given Moreno's brief tenure on the AS Monaco bench of just seven months.
The arrival of Paul Mitchell to the club's sporting department may have been decisive in the decision making process in ensuring that Moreno will not oversee the side for the forthcoming campaign with poor results cited as a principal motive.
Moreno's style of play has also failed to convince many in the club's hierarchy with only five wins secured in 12 games since his arrival in late December 2019 and failure to secure European football next season have also led to the decision. Former Bayern Munich coach Niko Kovac is expected to take over from the former Spanish international manager.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Derek Chauvin found guilty of murder of George Floyd, updates, reaction
- George Floyd Derek Chauvin jury verdict live online: George Floyd Death Trial | Deliberation, possible charges...
- US News $600 Golden State stimulus check: who qualifies in California?
- Technology Apple 'Spring Loaded' | M1 iPad Pro, M1 iMac, Air Tags...
- US News Unemployment benefits: What state has the best payments?
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Mason to take charge of Spurs until end of season