Aubameyang fires Arsenal past Man City into FA Cup final
Arsenal ambushed holders Manchester City as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored twice in a 2-0 victory in the FA Cup semi-final at an empty Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
A few days after beating Premier League champions Liverpool, Arsenal gave another gritty and disciplined display to set up a final against Manchester United or Chelsea, who meet on Sunday.
City dominated the early exchanges, pinning Arsenal back, but were stopped in their tracks when Aubameyang produced a neat finish in the 19th minute following a flowing end-to-end move.
Pep Guardiola's City side never fully recovered and, just when they were beginning to exert some real pressure after the break, Aubameyang produced another sublime finish, racing through to fire past goalkeeper Ederson in the 71st minute.
Arsenal soaked up desperate City pressure in the final stages but never looked like being opened up as they ended a miserable run of seven successive defeats against Guardiola's City, including a 3-0 away league defeat a month ago.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 Can I still file my taxes on Monday 17 May?
- INTERNATIONAL Mancini extends Italy deal until after 2026 World Cup
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer still unsure of Juan Mata's future at Manchester United
- BELGIUM Martínez: Hazard's condition the best he's had for a long time
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid in talks with Raúl
- NBA What did Lebron James say about the NBA Play-in?