Real Madrid: Napoli to offer Zidane flop Jovic a lifeline
The former Frankfurt striker has not enjoyed a stellar season at the Bernabéu and could be bound for Serie A if Napoli fail to land Victor Osimhen.
Napoli are considering an offer for Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic, but only if the Serie A side fail in their bid to land in-demand Lille marksman Victor Osimhen. Jovic has failed to impress Zinedine Zidane since his €60m transfer from Eintracht Frankfurt and an injury-hit season alongside some off-field controversy when he flouted Covid-19 lockdown restrictions in Belgrade has raised the prospect that the Bernabéu board will cash in if the right offer comes along.
The Serie A side could provide that after meeting on Saturday with Jovic’s agent, Fali Ramadani, as Aurelio de Laurentiis considers options if Osimhen decides to tajke hs shooting boots elsewhere. Napoli believed they had a deal in place for the Nigeria international but interest from several Premier League clubs, notably Liverpool, and the player’s decision to change his agent has seen the transfer stall. Napoli are believed to have offered €50m and attacking midfielder Adam Ounas for Osimhen but if the striker goes elsewhere they will turn their attention to Jovic with an offer in the same region.
Napoli, AC Milan eyeing Jovic
Napoli’s interest in Jovic became apparent in March and the Serie A club’s warm relationship with Ramadani, who also represents Kalidou Koulibaly and Nikola Maksimovic, would make any move for the Serbia striker reasonably straightforward.
De Laurentiis is keen to bolster his attacking options after his side’s drop off this season from challenging Juve for the title to struggling to break into the top six with the season reaching its conclusion. AC Milan are also interested in Jovic and Real Madrid will likely be happy enough to offload the 22-year-old after a return of two goals in 25 appearances this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane