Zidane discusses Bale, James absences after Leganés draw
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane was asked about the futures of Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez after the the conclusion of the LaLiga season.
Zinedine Zidane said out of favour forward Gareth Bale's absence from Real Madrid's squad for the draw with Leganés on Sunday was a "technical decision" while also suggesting James Rodríguez has played his last game for the Liga champions. The Frenchman was also far from reasuring when discussing the future of Serbia forward Luka Jovic.
Bale was left out of the squad as Madrid drew 2-2 with the Cucumber Growers on Sunday with Real Madrid having already clinched the LaLiga title.
The Wales international seems set to leave the LaLiga giants after making just two appearances since the season resumed last month, with his behaviour while on the bench being questioned.
James Rodríguez has been left out of the past five matchday squads – with personal reasons cited initially – and Zidane discussed the duo after finishing the LaLiga campaign.
Zidane on Jovic: "We will see next year"
"You know what happened with one [James]. The other is a technical decision," the Madrid coach said.
Luka Jovic, meanwhile, came off the bench for what was just his second appearance since the coronavirus-enforced break.
The forward has been linked with a move away after scoring just twice in 26 appearances in his first season in Madrid.
"As always when I talk about Luka, what I say is that he is young," Zidane said. "He has talent, but it has been a difficult season for him, especially with injuries. Of course things that have happened to him, I trust him. We will see next year."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?