"Bale is still as good as anyone else in the team" - Barnett
The agent of Real Madrid's Gareth Bale, Jonathan Barnett, has reiterated his message that the Welshman will not be going anywhere in the near future.
Whereas in some seasons at Real Madrid, Gareth Bale has ended it with headlines of overhead kicks and adoration, this season has seen him omitted from the team (although he will still collect a medal this year too) and pictures of him in the stands looking through paper binoculars or using a face mask as an aid to sleep. That said, and the constant rumours that surround the players future being elsewhere, his agent Jonathan Barnett has said that he will not be going anywhere.
Bale training hard and staying in Madrid
"Gareth is fine,” Barnett told BBC Sport, “he has two years left on his contract, he likes living in Madrid and he is going nowhere.
"He is still as good as anyone else in the team. It's up to Zinedine Zidane.”
This is a constant message that we’ve heard from the Welshman’s representative, someone who knows that leaving the recently crowned LaLiga champions would almost certainly see a drop in income.
"Of course there's been interest but there's hardly a club in the world which can afford him,” he stated during the interview.
In the past there has been some friction reported between Los Blancos’ manager Zinedine Zidane and Bale (not to mention with Barnett himself) but this was refuted.
"Gareth is not looking to outlast Zinedine Zidane. Mr Zidane has been very successful. There's no hatred, Mr Zidane just does not want to play him.
“Gareth trains every day and he trains well."
With the trip to Manchester to play Pep Guardiola’s City side in the Champions League potentially the last fixture in this extended season, no doubt there will be much more conversations about where the 31-year old will be plying his trade in the coming months.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...
- BARCELONA Two USMNT players make history with Barcelona in Champions League
- BARCELONA Jordi Alba predicts USMNT's Dest to become Barcelona star
- BARCELONA Koeman says nothing behind 'happy' Griezmann not starting in against Kiev
- Champions League Real Madrid's San Siro woe, Lewandowski targets Raul
- FIFA Best Awards Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappé among FIFA 2020 Best candidates
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Inter Milan vs Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020: when does it start and finish?