Cristiano Ronaldo hits 50 league goals in England, Spain and Italy
The Juventus forward also became the fastest player ever to a Serie A half-century when he scored a penalty against Lazio on Monday.
Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 50 goals in each of the Premier League, LaLiga and now Serie A, after he opened the scoring for Juventus against Lazio this evening, with a penalty in the 51st minute. He then moved to 51 goals in the Italian top flight, slotting home Dybala's pass, three minutes later.
Ronaldo sets new Serie A record
Ronaldo, a five-time Ballon d'Or winner (which has been cancelled this year, by the way), scored his 50 goals in Serie A in 61 appearances, setting a new record as the fastest player every to his half-century.
61 - Cristiano #Ronaldo is the fastest player to score 50 goals in Serie A (61 appearances) - among the players who made their debut since 1994/95. Sprinter.#JuventusLazio #SerieA pic.twitter.com/Fy6hQ6xW4W— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) July 20, 2020
Ronaldo netting across Europe
Ronaldo scored 84 goals with Manchester United in his six seasons at the club, before netting a whopping 311 goals with Real Madrid in LaLiga, in 292 games.
No player has ever managed to hit 50 goals in England, Spain and Italy, although Edin Dzeko managed it in England, Germany and Italy. Can you name the clubs? Scroll down to check you got them right.
Manchester City, Wolfsburg and current club Roma.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Arsenal give up on move for Ødegaard
- EURO 2020 Brace-assist Bale sees Wales pluck Turkey
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Mbappé has the key to get out the PSG door
- EURO 2020 Eriksen advice for Denmark to counter Belgium's Lukaku
- NBA Chris Paul out for COVID: what are the NBA's health and safety protocols, and when could he play again?
- NBA All-NBA 2021: First, Second and Third Team selections