Kylian Mbappé confirms PSG stay and trophy plan for next season
The young French star has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid but, as has been believed for some time, the move will have to wait a year.
Kylian Mbappé has confirmed to BeinSports that he will continue at Paris Saint Germain for at least one more season, despite constant rumours linking him away from the French capital.
Mbappé staying with PSG
"I am here in Paris and I want to be part of the project,” the young star said. “I will be at PSG next season and I will try to win as many titles as possible."
Mbappé also pointed to the upcoming season being a rather special one, and one that he wants to be part of.
"I am in the fourth year of the project. It is an important year as it is the 50th anniversary of the club. This is important in the eyes of the team and the fans, and I will try to win all the possible trophies and aim to do my best."
So that is that it appears, at least for the moment, as the Frenchman closes the door to main suitors, Real Madrid. That said, Florentino Pérez had already publicly stated that it was going to be a summer without any major signings and, given what has happened with the coronavirus pandemic, 2021 has felt like the most likely transfer for Los Blancos number one target.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win