AC Milan: Ibrahimovic still unsure about future despite Pioli deal
The Milan forward says he has not had any contact with the club about an extension after scoring twice in the 2-1 defeat of Sassuolo.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is still unsure about his Milan future with just three games remaining this season. The veteran striker, 38, scored a brace as Milan beat a 10-man Sassuolo 2-1 in Serie A on Tuesday.
While Ibrahimovic is only contracted at Milan until the end of the season, the club announced on Tuesday an extension for head coach Stefano Pioli until 2022.
Ibrahimovic, speaking when still unaware of the Pioli announcement, said he was unsure about his future.
"I still have three games, still 10 days, nobody said anything to me and I don't expect anything else," he said, via Sky Sport Italia. "There are things that we cannot control, but that seem strange to me, but we are doing great things. We play with great confidence and we believe in what we do."
Milan aiming for Europe
Milan are unbeaten in 10 games since the season resumed last month, and are now fifth in the table.
Ibrahimovic, who has scored eight goals in 17 games this season, praised Milan's form.
"I'm working, I'm fine, the team is fine and doing good things," he said. "When I arrived we are second or third in the standings, it means it is not bad."
Milan are in action again on Friday, when they host high-flying Atalanta.
Te recomendamos en English
- RESIDENT EVIL How to play Resident Evil games in order? Village included
- MAYWEATHER VS LOGAN PAUL What are the odds, predictions for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight?
- NBA Brooklyn Nets-Dallas Mavericks game recap: scores, stats, highlights...
- NBA Nets star Harden 'very confident' he will return before NBA playoffs
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How effective are stimulus checks according to Biden?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Covid-19 vaccine patent waiver: how will it affect vaccine production?