Pep Guardiola with €330 million City summer signing budget
The priorities for the Manchester club are two central defenders, a substitute for Leroy Sané and another attacking player.
Manchester City are now planning the structure of the squad for the 2020/2021 season with added clarity following the recent CAS ruling which lifted the UEFA ban which would have ruled them out of Champions League action for two seasons.
According to Catalan sports daily Sport, Pep Guardiola will have access to a budget of 300 million pounds (approximately 330 million euro) with the club targeting four major summer acquisitions.
Both Pep Guardiola and sporting director Aitor "Txiki" Begiristain have identified the areas of the squad that need to be strengthened with two central defenders, a replacement for Bayern Munich bound Sané and another attacking option on the City summer shopping list.
A right footed central defender to accompany Laporte along with another left footed player who can also play at left back are imperative to the 2020/21 City defence with the likes of Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly, Sevilla's Diego Carlos and Inter Milan's Skrinniar all featuring on the wanted list.
Sport single out David Alaba, who has yet to renew with Bayern with Guardiola an admirer of the Austrian international despite reports in Germany that his intention is to stay with the Bavarian outfit.
Ferrán Torres has been cited as a potential replacement for the departing Leroy Sané with Valencia set to request a fee of 30-40 million euro for his signature. Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen) has been targeted as an attacking option n but it would now appear that the German player is edging closer to a move to Stamford Bridge and Chelsea.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Toronto FC eager to sign Santos Borré
- LIGA MX “Many things were said that are not true” - Roger Martínez
- REAL MADRID The New Bernabéu starts preparing for fans' return
- Barcelona Koeman unworried by how Sunday's Madrid derby turns out
- BARCELONA Barcelona seek a new president to lead them into a new era
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live