PSG: Mbappé Champions League in doubt after Coupe de France injury
The PSG forward was on the wrong end of a reckless challenge from Saint Etienne's Loïc Perrin and could be out for the match against Atalanta in Lisbon.
Kylian Mbappé left the pitch in tears in the first half of the Coupe de France final against Saint Etienne after a reckless challenge from Les Verts captain Loïc Perrin, who flew in on the PSG star’s ankle and was rewarded with a red card after a VAR review of the incident. The incident places Mbappé’s availability for the Champions League quarter-final against Atalanta in Lisbon on 12 August in doubt and could spell the end of the France international’s season.
Perrin initially received a yellow for his tackle but after the VAR room advised referee Amaury Delerue to take a second look the match official did not hesitate to upgrade the colour of the card to red in the Saint Etienne defender’s final game before retirement.
Mbappé's Champions League fitness in doubt
If Mbappé is forced to miss the final stages of the 2019-20 Champions League in Lisbon it would represent the third consecutive year that PSG have been dealt a blow to one of their superstar players at the business end of Europe’s elite club competition after Neymar was forced to sit out decisive games during his first two seasons in Paris.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star 2021: Slam Dunk Contest updates, Three points and Skills Challenge winner... | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star Game 2021 : Team LeBron vs Team Durant, scores, highlights | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star 2021: who has won the most All-Star Game MVP awards?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star: who has won the most Slam Dunk Contests?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN New unemployment benefits 2021: who will get extra payments from the stimulus bill?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY International Women's Day: meaning, origin and why it's celebrated today