Zidane gives Real Madrid squad an extra day off to rest
Zidane has planned for the players to return to the training ground on Monday but the first session of the week has been put back to Tuesday at 11:00 hours.
Real Madrid will return to the training ground at 11:00 hours on Tuesday - not Monday as was originally planned. Diario AS understands that Zidane has decided to give his squad an extra day to rest before preparations begin to confront the final part of the season. The players will need to report in Valdebebas on Monday to undergo a coronavirus test then wait for the results before training resumes.
It means that Madrid will have 10 days to prepare for their rescheduled Champions League Lsst 16 return leg tie against Manchester City. The players could be give next weekend (Saturday and Sunday) off if Dupont is happy with how the players' fitness levels are shaping up - the idea is to have nine full sessions before the City game.
Last 16 return leg venue now up in the air
The game is due to take place on 7 August at 21:00 hours, behind closed doors at the Etihad but quarantine rules announced by the UK government on Saturday could see it moved to Lisbon. Madrid will be without Sergio Ramos, who is suspended after being sent off in the first leg. Zinedine Zidane's squad will return to work after enjoying eight days off following their league triumph.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit, tax refund...
- CORONAVIRUS Which vaccine is the most popular in the US?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS What are the Democrats position towards ending unemployment benefits?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: could the next payments be automatic?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's 2021/2 pre-season starting to take shape
- TENNIS Naomi Osaka pulls out of Wimbledon but eyes Olympics return