Premier League: Vardy becomes oldest Golden Boot winner
Despite drawing a blank against Manchester United on the final day of the Premier League season, Leicester's Jamie Vardy still finished as 2019/20 top scorer.
Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has become the Premier League's oldest Golden Boot winner at the age of 33 after finishing the 2019-20 season with 23 goals.
Vardy finishes one goal ahead of Aubameyang, Ings
Vardy fired a blank in Leicester's 2-0 loss against Manchester United on Sunday - a result that saw the Foxes miss out on a top-four finish - to make it three games without a goal to see out the season.
However, the ex-England international still finished a goal clear of Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Danny Ings of Southampton at the top of the scoring charts.
33 - At 33 years of age, Jamie Vardy has become the oldest player the win the Premier League golden boot. Eternal. pic.twitter.com/CKpAbiusWq— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) July 26, 2020
Drogba previously the Premier League's oldest top scorer
He overtakes Didier Drogba, who netted 29 goals for Chelsea in 2009-10 at the age of 32, as the oldest recipient of the award.
Aubameyang shared the accolade with Sadio Mané and Mohamed Salah last season, though the Liverpool pair finished this campaign with 18 and 19 goals respectively.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS