Arthur skips PCR test and now faces Barcelona sanction
The player is currently in his native Brazil and was the only member of the first team not to undergo coronavirus testing.
Everything points to Arthur Melo having pulled on the FC Barcelona shirt for the last time with the club having already agreed a move for the player with Juventus. Pictures of the midfielder yawning in the Camp Nou stands during the LaLiga game against Osasuna did nothing to help his already strained relationship with the club with Quique Setién leaving the Brazilian out of the squad for the final league game of the season against Alavés with the player claiming he had an ankle injury.
Another episode occurred yesterday to further distance between the player and the club as the Brazilian was the only squad member to miss PCR testing at the Ciutat Esportiva as the club look ahead to the second leg of the Champions League Round of 16 against Napoli. Barcelona 'B' players Iñaki Peña and Ronald Araujo were also tested despite a late return from Malaga where they were playing as the 'B' team were involved in the Segunda B play-off finals.
His failure to be tested will now rule the player out of being able to train with the squad as current health protocol demands that all players are tested before participating in activity for the club.
Arthur will now remain in his native Brazil as his agents negotiate and earlier termination to his current contract and this has been fundamental in the Catalan club opening disciplinary proceedings against the player.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news