Coronavirus: Sevilla player has tested positive, LaLiga club reveals
Spanish club Sevilla confirmed in a statement on Wednesday that a first-team player has tested positive for Covid-19.
A member of Sevilla's first-team squad has tested positive for the coronavirus, the Spanish club have confirmed.
The unnamed player was tested on Sunday along with coaching staff and the rest of the first-team squad, before the results were returned on Monday.
Sevilla cancel training sessions after positive Covid-19 test
The affected player is asymptomatic and self-isolating at home, though the club immediately suspended training sessions.
Two further tests have since been carried out on the rest of the squad and the coaching staff.
Official Statement.— Sevilla FC (@SevillaFC_ENG) July 29, 2020
While the first batch of tests all came back negative, Sevilla do not expect the results of the second round to be known until Thursday.
Training return planned if rest of squad, staff test negative
Should there be no further positive results, Sevilla plan to return to individual training - with "all the applicable measures" in place - on Thursday.
Sevilla concluded their LaLiga campaign with a 1-0 win over Valencia on 19 July to finish fourth, but their Europa League commitments resume against Roma on 6 August.
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. live fight online: results, updates and purses
- Liga MX America vs Chivas live online: Liga MX Playoffs, Leg 2 updates
- Coronavirus Which benefits will disappear if no stimulus bill is passed?
- US Election What’s happening in Trump campaign lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia & Michigan?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid 19 vaccine: who would receive it first in US?
- coronavirus Coronavirus in Los Angeles: new stay-at-home restrictions and dates