Xavi: Al Sadd coach confirms recovery from coronavirus
Barcelona great Xavi Hernández missed Al Sadd's weekend Qatar Stars League game after testing positive for Covid-19, but has now recovered.
Al Sadd coach Xavi Hernández has recovered from the coronavirus and is back at work with the Qatari club, the former Barcelona star has announced.
Xavi revealed positive Covid-19 test at weekend
The 40-year-old confirmed on Saturday that he had tested positive for Covid-19 and had gone into self-isolation.
It meant he missed out on coaching Al Sadd in their Qatar Stars League clash with Al Khor, but Xavi is well again, he declared on Instagram.
The former Spain midfielder, who has been frequently linked with a Camp Nou return as a potential successor to head coach Quique Setién, posted pictures of himself both back at work and at home with his children.
Xavi confirms return to work in social-media post
In a post published on Wednesday, Xavi thanked followers for their "caring messages" since announcing he had the coronavirus, adding: "I want to share with you that I'm recovered and back home with my family and the @alsaddsc team".
Moltíssimes gràcies per tots els missatges i les mostres d'afecte que he rebut durant aquests dies. Vull compartir amb vosaltres que estic recuperat i de tornada a casa amb la meva família i l'equip @alsaddsc ____ Muchísimas gracias por todos los mensajes y las muestras de cariño que he recibido durante estos días. Quiero compartir con vosotros que estoy recuperado y de vuelta en casa junto a mi familia y el equipo @alsaddsc ____ Thank you so much for all the caring messages that I’ve received during these days. I want to share with you that I’m recovered and back home with my family and the @alsaddsc team
In a separate Instagram post, Al Sadd also showed Xavi on club duty, wearing a face mask as he welcomed new signing Rodrigo Tabata to the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Mexico to battle for bronze in Olympic softball
- OLYMPIC GAMES What the USWNT needs to advance to the quarter-finals at Tokyo 2020
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Who is in the USA golf team at the Tokyo Olympics 2021?