PSG coach Tuchel proud of French domestic sweep
Paris Saint-Germain coach Thomas Tuchel lauded his team after another domestic trophy.
Thomas Tuchel was proud of Paris Saint-Germain after completing a domestic sweep by beating Lyon in the Coupe de la Ligue final.
PSG edged Lyon 6-5 on penalties after a 0-0 draw at the Stade de France on Friday, winning their fourth domestic trophy of 2019-20.
Tuchel, whose side are also in the Champions League quarter-finals, was proud of PSG.
"They are reliable guys who play, enjoy working and suffering together," the PSG coach said.
"That makes me very happy. I am proud and happy."
Pablo Sarabia netted the winning penalty for PSG in the shoot-out in what was the last ever Coupe de la Ligue final.
A trophy at the end of the night pic.twitter.com/WuIgbT3OnY— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) July 31, 2020
PSG's hunger to win
Tuchel hailed PSG's achievement of winning four trophies this season, including Ligue 1, the Coupe de France and Trophee des Champions.
"We did not lose the concentration, the hunger to win, the confidence, we won on penalties and that counts," he said.
"We won these four titles, there is a good atmosphere in the locker room. And I'm very happy because everyone thinks it's okay to win, but it's not that easy.
"Winning four titles is the merit of this team and I am happy."
PSG will face Atalanta in the Champions League quarter-finals in Lisbon on August 12.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Gareth Bale needs to find his positive confidence, says Mourinho
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo reaches yet another goal milestone
- Coronavirus Bipartisan stimulus bill: what’s in the $900 billion proposal?
- REAL MADRID Has Zidane's luck run out at Real Madrid?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Borussia Dortmund lose Haaland to hamstring injury
- GAMING Fortnite: How to get The Mandalorian skin with Baby Yoda in Season 5