Keylor Navas equals Márquez's historic European trophy haul
On Friday, the Costa Rican goalkeeper won the 2020 French League Cup and now has 15 trophies in Europe, matching Rafael Márquez's record for a CONCACAF player.
Keylor Navas has taken his place in the CONCACAF history books after winning the 2020 French League Cup with Paris Saint-Germain on Friday. With this title, he now has a total of 15 trophies in Europe with PSG and Real Madrid, and has drawn level with Rafael Márquez's record medal haul for a CONCACAF player in the European club game.
Both players have positioned themselves as the most important players in the history of CONCACAF because of the amount of titles they have won. Most likely Navas will increase this number because he is only 33 years old and is the starting goalkeeper for PSG, who are already preparing to play the Champions League quarter-finals.
When did Navas arrive in Europe?
In 2010, Navas arrived at Albacete after playing for Saprissa in his native Costa Rica for five years. 12 months later, he made the step-up to Levante, initially on loan, soon becoming one of the best goalkeepers in LaLiga at the Valencia club. After a great World Cup in 2014, he was signed by Real Madrid, where he played a total of 104 games until he was transferred to PSG in 2019.
Navas won the 2016-17 LaLiga with Real Madrid and three Champions Leagues between 2016 and 2018. Since arriving in France at the start of this season, he has won Ligue 1, the French Cup and the French League Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane