Chelsea's Pulisic and Azpilicueta to miss Bayern Munich clash
Frank Lampard confirmed that Christian Pulisic and César Azpilicueta will miss the 8 August quarter final after picking up injuries in the FA Cup final.
Christian Pulisic and César Azpilicueta will miss Chelsea's Champions League meeting with Bayern Munich after picking up hamstring injuries, manager Frank Lampard confirmed.
Chelsea suffer setback ahead of Last 16 return leg
Full-back Azpilicueta and forward Pulisic limped out of Chelsea's 2-1 defeat by Arsenal in the FA Cup final on Saturday. Chelsea will visit German champions Bayern Munich on 8 August, trailing 3-0 from the first leg of their last-16 tie.
"I don't know the full extent of the injuries," Lampard told reporters in his post-match press conference. "But I know the hamstrings with Azpi and Christian - they have to be scanned and assessed over the next few days. They clearly won't be fit for next week."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Aubameyang out of hospital and feeling good after malaria diagnosis - Arteta
- FOOTBALL Pogba unable to explain 'strange' relationship with Mourinho
- NBA Warriors rookie Wiseman undergoes season-ending knee surgery
- TAX SEASON 2021 Why is my tax return still being processed?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, my turn...