Chelsea's Pulisic and Azpilicueta to miss Bayern Munich clash
Frank Lampard confirmed that Christian Pulisic and César Azpilicueta will miss the 8 August quarter final after picking up injuries in the FA Cup final.
Christian Pulisic and César Azpilicueta will miss Chelsea's Champions League meeting with Bayern Munich after picking up hamstring injuries, manager Frank Lampard confirmed.
Chelsea suffer setback ahead of Last 16 return leg
Full-back Azpilicueta and forward Pulisic limped out of Chelsea's 2-1 defeat by Arsenal in the FA Cup final on Saturday. Chelsea will visit German champions Bayern Munich on 8 August, trailing 3-0 from the first leg of their last-16 tie.
"I don't know the full extent of the injuries," Lampard told reporters in his post-match press conference. "But I know the hamstrings with Azpi and Christian - they have to be scanned and assessed over the next few days. They clearly won't be fit for next week."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane