Roma: Nicolo Zaniolo could be a future Ballon d'Or winner says Fabio Capello
Fabio Capello thinks Roma have a true star in the making in Nicolo Zaniolo, the 21-year-old Italian midfielder has shone in Serie A in recent weeks.
Roma's young midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo has the potential to win the Ballon d'Or one day in the future, says Fabio Capello. The 21-year-old has shone since Serie A resumed following the coronavirus-enforced break, having previously thought his season would be curtailed when he tore a knee ligament in January.
Zaniolo, remember the name
Zaniolo produced a superb performance in the 3-1 win at Juventus on Saturday, marking his first start since the reverse fixture on 12 January with a fine assist for Diego Perotti's second goal. Capello believes the Italy international is a rare talent in world football.
"Zaniolo has physical power and strength and extraordinary quality," he told Sky Sport Italia. "He has potential not just for the [European] Golden Shoe, but he can aspire to something more, to the Ballon d'Or. I'm in love with Zaniolo. Everything is there in terms of strength, quality and speed, at the highest level. Other players have this potential, but not at his level."
Zaniolo, who joined from Inter Milan in 2018, has made 32 appearances in all competitions for Roma in 2019-20.
Te recomendamos en English
- Moving the goalposts! Mourinho reveals woodwork mishap
- CORONAVIRUS $300 unemployment benefits: which states are still paying it?
- US NEWS Breonna Taylor case: who are Brett Hankison, Jonathan Mattingly and Myles Cosgrove?
- Black Lives Matter protests Breonna Taylor case: what is ‘wanton endangerment’ in the first degree?
- Billboard Music Awards Billboard Music Awards 2020: list of all nominations - Post Malone, the most nominated
- Liverpool Liverpool were 'easy on the eye' against Lincoln City - Klopp