Barcelona reject €60m Premier League offer for Trincão
According to reports in the Catalan media, a Premier League club has tabled a bid for the former Braga striker, who has a €500m release clause in his deal.
According to reports in Catalonia, an unidentified Premier League club has tabled an offer of €60m for Barcelona forward Francisco Trincão. The Portugal under-21 international joined Barça in January for a fee of €31m on a five-year deal with a €500m release clause written into his contract but Sport states that the unnamed English club were willing to pay a fee of €60m up front to land the 20-year-old.
Trincão made his professional debut in December 2018 and showed enough promise to attract interest from across Europe. He was joint-top scorer at the European Under-19 Championship in the same year, helping Portugal to the title, and also landed a surprise Taça de Portugal victory this season as Braga beat Porto in the final.
Barcelona view Trincão as competition for Dembélé
Such has been Trincão’s development that Barcelona are no longer set on a loan move for the forward in 2020-21. A left-sided attacker, the Camp Nou technical staff believe he can give Ousmane Dembélé a run for his money, especially given the Frenchman’s injury record, and see him as a direct replacement for Philippe Coutinho whose future appears to lie elsewhere after the Brazilian spent the current season on loan at Bayern Munich.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category