PSG: Verratti joins Mbappé on the injury list for Atalanta tie
Marco Verratti suffered an injury that has Paris Saint-Germain's Thomas Tuchel concerned ahead of the Champions League clash with Atalanta.
Paris Saint-Germain coach Thomas Tuchel admitted he was "worried" about Marco Verratti after an injury scare for the Italy midfielder ahead of the Champions League tie against Atalanta, which star forward Kylian Mbappé is likely to be unavailable for.
Verratti missed PSG's 1-0 friendly win over Sochaux on Wednesday after hurting his calf in training. casting doubt over his fitness for the Champions League quarter-final on 12 August.
Tuchel said he was concerned about Verratti, although he was still unsure about the severity of the midfielder's injury.
Tuchel: "It's a big injury"
Medical update for Marco Verratti, Kylian Mbappé and Layvin Kurzawahttps://t.co/KvwX8EqHAO— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) August 5, 2020
"We're worried because he took a nasty hit. It's a big injury," he told a news conference. "Now we will wait. I don't know exactly today's diagnosis, I have to talk with the doctor. But we are worried."
PSG will face either Atlético Madrid or RB Leipzig in a semi-final if they can get past Atalanta.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- BARCELONA Manchester United considering Barcelona's Dembélé
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- Atlético Atlético Madrid's Giménez tests positive for coronavirus