PSG: Verratti joins Mbappé on the injury list for Atalanta tie
Marco Verratti suffered an injury that has Paris Saint-Germain's Thomas Tuchel concerned ahead of the Champions League clash with Atalanta.
Paris Saint-Germain coach Thomas Tuchel admitted he was "worried" about Marco Verratti after an injury scare for the Italy midfielder ahead of the Champions League tie against Atalanta, which star forward Kylian Mbappé is likely to be unavailable for.
Verratti missed PSG's 1-0 friendly win over Sochaux on Wednesday after hurting his calf in training. casting doubt over his fitness for the Champions League quarter-final on 12 August.
Tuchel said he was concerned about Verratti, although he was still unsure about the severity of the midfielder's injury.
Tuchel: "It's a big injury"
Medical update for Marco Verratti, Kylian Mbappé and Layvin Kurzawahttps://t.co/KvwX8EqHAO— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) August 5, 2020
"We're worried because he took a nasty hit. It's a big injury," he told a news conference. "Now we will wait. I don't know exactly today's diagnosis, I have to talk with the doctor. But we are worried."
PSG will face either Atlético Madrid or RB Leipzig in a semi-final if they can get past Atalanta.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How do NFL players get paid? per game or per week?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 stimulus check in California: who qualifies and how to track
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax deadline, stimulus calculator | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: Will you get a $1,400 payment, and when?
- Entertainment CoD Black Ops & Warzone Season 2 new content: map, weapon, outbreak
- LOTTERY How much do you get if you have 1, 2 or 3 Powerball numbers?