James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
The Colombian has played his final game for Zidane's team. His agent has spent the last few weeks searching for a new club - Arsenal is the most interested.
Real Madrid's 1-2 away at Real Sociedad on 21 June 2020 will be remembered for being James Rodriguez's last appearance for Los Blancos. The Colombian will not play again for Real Madrid, despite the team being involved in the latter stages of the Champions League and the player having a year to run on his contract.
James' days in Madrid approaching an end
James asked Zidane to be left out of the squad for the league game against Athletic Club on 5 July. The coach accepted the request but that was also the moment when Zizou decided that James would not be included in any subsequent squad lists. Whatever happens at the Etihad tonight, James's days at Real Madrid are now at an end. If Zidane's team manage to turn the tie around against City, the Colombian midfielder will continue to train as normal with the squad but without the option of starring for the team in their pursuit of the Decimocuarta.
During the past few week, Jorge Mendes has been working hard to find James a new club. PSG, Atlético and Arsenal are three possible destinations, but nothing concrete has been arranged as things stand. FA Cup champions Arsenal is the club to have shown the most interest for James. Madrid meanwhile, in contrast to their stance on the player last summer when they rejected every offer, are now willing to listen to any offers that Mendes presents to them.
James joined Madrid after the World Cup in 2014 for 80 million euros. He has made 125 appearances for the club, scoring 37 goals and creating 42 assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- BARCELONA Manchester United considering Barcelona's Dembélé
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- Atlético Atlético Madrid's Giménez tests positive for coronavirus