PSG: Mbappé back in training ahead of Atalanta Champions League tie
The France international has given Thomas Tuchel a boost by returning to full training a few days away from the Champions League quarter-finals.
Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappé has given the Ligue 1 side a boost ahead of their Champions League quarter-final against Atalanta by returning to training ahead of schedule, raising the possibility that the France international could be fit to partner Neymar in attack when the sides meet on 12 August in Lisbon.
Mbappé was forced off with an ankle injury during the Coupe de France final on 24 July and has been unable to train fully since then. PSG coach Thomas Tuchel said recently that it would require “a miracle” for Mbappé to be fit for Atalanta but on Sunday he returned to group training after working alone with the ball a day earlier.
Mbappé winning Atalanta fitness race
It remains to be seen if Mbappé passes a fitness test ahead of the quarter-finals, or if Tuchel will risk him under the circumstances, but L’Equipe reported that after warming up on Sunday the France forward was able to take part in group passing exercises and showed no ill-effects from the injury sustained 16 days ago.
Mbappé completed the session with no problems arising from his right ankle and worked with PSG’s fitness coaches, giving Tuchel hope that he may be available to play some part against the free-scoring Serie A side.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals