Official: Real Madrid's Takefusa Kubo joins Villarreal on loan
Villarreal published a post relating to Japan on social media then later confirmed that Real Madrid's Japanese midfielder will join on a one-season loan.
Take Kubo is now officially a Villarreal player, he will spent the 2020-21 season on loan in Castellón. The club gave an indication that they might be announcing some news earlier today when they published a picture of a rising sun, without text, a cleat nod to Japan, the homeland of Real Madrid's talented young midfielder. Last week, AS reported that Villarreal were leading the race to land Kubo. Later on Monday, Villarreal's media department put out another post - and animated GIF which featured Homer Simpson resolving a Rubik's Cube, another hint to the player's name. Minutes later, the club confirmed Kubo's arrival.
Parejo and Coquelin to Villarreal
El #Villarreal y el @realmadrid acuerdan 🤝 la cesión de Takefusa Kubo.— Villarreal CF (@VillarrealCF) August 10, 2020
¡Sí, sí, sí, Take ya está aquí!
👉 https://t.co/9vxF5L34gl pic.twitter.com/RsMMtwBEwa
Kubo is the first signing Villarreal have announced but two more are set to follow. Just as AS exclusively reported last night, Dani Parejo and Francis Coquelin after reaching an agreement to be released by Valencia to join Villarreal for the new season.
Villarreal will pay Madrid 2.5 million euros to take Kubo on loan this season. The Japanese player is ready to join Unai Emery's squad for the pre-season. The coach is delighted to have him on board.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: Tottenham still "trying" to sign players
- REAL MADRID Zidane on Bale, Hazard, Odegaard, Betis, new signings...
- LIVERPOOL Klopp happy to support EFL clubs: “People in a better position should help others”