Blaise Matuidi set to join David Beckham's Inter Miami
According to Sky Sports, Matuidi is to team back up with David Beckham and continue his career in Major League Soccer for the remainder of the 2020 season.
Back in the 2012/13 season, David Beckham arrived at Paris Saint-German on loan from Los Angeles Galaxy, teaming up with Blaise Matuidi at the Parc des Princes for a couple of months. Years later, it seems that the Frenchman will reunite with the Englishman but at different stages of their careers.
With Major League Soccer set to restart on 22 August amid the coronavirus pandemic, the team that Beckham owns, Inter Miami, is looking to sign its third and final designated player. The MLS debutants are going to sign the 33-year-old player, according to Sky Sports.
Three seasons with Juventus
Matuidi still has one more year left of his contract with Juventus, so before it expires the current Serie A champions want to save some money ahead of the 2020/21 campaign. If the transfer becomes official, he will be the third and final designated player, since Inter Miami already have Matías Pellegrini and Rodolfo Pizarro.
The 2018 World Cup winner appeared in 35 games with Juventus this season and 23 of them were as a starter. Matuidi has won the Serie A trophy in each of his three years in Turin and has appeared 84 times for the France national team, including the trophy they won in Russia for the first time in 20 years.
Inter Miami's August schedule
This past weekend, Major League Soccer announced that they were going to resume the 2020 season amid the coronavirus pandemic. Prior to the suspension of the league, Inter Miami had played two games, losing both of them. They will resume their season with home clashes against Orlando City on 22 August and Atlanta United four days later, then fly to Tennessee to take on Nashville on 30 August.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- BARCELONA Manchester United considering Barcelona's Dembélé
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- Atlético Atlético Madrid's Giménez tests positive for coronavirus