Chivas to appoint Victor Manuel Vucetich as new coach
Former Mexico national team coach Victor Manuel Vucetich is set to take the Chivas coaching job. The team is eagerly looking for their first victory.
Chivas are still without a win after three outings in the 2020 Guardianes tournament and on Sunday the Guadalajara-based club released a statement announcing that they have parted ways with Luis Fernando Tena for the remainder of the tournament.
Chivas have a double-header this week - they visit Juarez on Wednesday and then host Atletico San Luis three days later, in games corresponding to weeks 4 and 5 of the tournament. So far, Chivas have taken one out of a possible nine points - the worst start in the history of the club.
Vucetich to be officially appointed on Thursday
Chivas and Victor Manuel Vucetich reached an agreement on Monday and the new coach will be appointed on Thursday prior to the game at the Akron Stadium against Atletico San Luis. The former Mexico national team manager has been linked to Guadalajara since Ricardo Pelaez became the new sporting director of the club.
Vucetich is one of the most successful managers in the history of La Liga MX. He has won the league title five times, four cup titles, three CONCACAF Champions League and twice the second division championship. As part of his technical team, Vucetich will bring Sergio Almaguer as assistant coach and Milton Graniolatti as fitness trainer.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- BARCELONA Manchester United considering Barcelona's Dembélé
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- Atlético Atlético Madrid's Giménez tests positive for coronavirus